Memphis Social Security Disability Attorneys
Social Security disability (SSD) programs provide much-needed assistance aimed at helping those with a disability support themselves and their family if their disability makes it difficult or impossible for them to maintain employment. However, working through the complicated application and appeals processes associated with various Social Security disability programs can be challenging to do without an in-depth knowledge of the system itself.
As the Memphis Social Security disability attorneys at John Michael Bailey Injury Lawyers know, these benefits can be critical to qualifying individuals and their families. With that in mind, our experienced team will do everything they can to help you submit a complete and timely application. Additionally, should your application not be accepted the first time, we can help you work through the appeals process. For assistance with your application or for help with an appeal, contact us at (844) 275-8422, fill out a contact form on our website, or chat with us live to get the assistance you need.
Why Do I Need a Social Security Disability Lawyer?
Millions of people across the United States rely on Social Security Disability Insurance (or SSDI) as a critical source of income to support themselves and their families. Many applicants face unfortunate hurdles when it comes to obtaining the benefits they so desperately need and deserve, and many find their applications denied outright. With the help of experienced SSD lawyers like the team at John Michael Bailey Injury Lawyers, the often confusing and complicated process of securing benefits will be handled by a team that knows the system well and knows how to help you get the benefits that you need.
Why Choose John Michael Bailey Injury Lawyers?
For decades, Attorney John Michael Bailey and his team have helped deserving individuals in Memphis and the surrounding areas get the disability benefits they deserve. He and his legal team have made it their mission to help people just like you obtain disability benefits to help with the necessary expenses they need to take care of themselves and their families. We know that the process of applying for benefits or appealing a denied application can be frustrating and confusing. That’s why so many people have turned to us for assistance in obtaining benefits, and we are proud of our track record of success in helping those in need in Memphis get the disability payments they need.
Social Security Disability Claims or Issues in Memphis
Though the processes associated with SSD can be exceedingly complicated, our Memphis legal team has the experience and resources to help you work through any of the following:
- Social Security Disability & Injury Representation – We are prepared to help you secure the disability benefits you need if you have been injured in Memphis.
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSD/SSDI) – Our team is ready to help you secure the disability insurance benefits you need to support yourself and your family.
- Social Security Disability Claim Filing – The application for disability benefits can be confusing, and if the paperwork is not filled out completely and correctly, the SSA will immediately deny the application. Let us help you with the paperwork to make sure we get it right, the first time.
- Social Security Disability Claim Appeal – If your disability application has been denied, it is not the end of the world. There are many reasons why a claim may be rejected, so we will work hard to find out why and will help you file a successful appeal.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) – Disabled individuals with little to no income may qualify for supplemental income to help with living expenses and other costs. We can help you find out if you are eligible and will assist you with the application process.
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) – If you need help or have an issue with a private industry health plan or pension, contact us for assistance.
- Veteran’s Affairs (VA) Disability – Veterans who were injured or suffered a disease due to their military service may qualify for tax-free financial compensation to assist with treatment and living expenses. Contact us to learn more about your options and for assistance with obtaining these critical benefits today.
- Short-term Disability Benefits – If an accident or illness prevents you from working for a short time, you may be eligible to file for short-term disability benefits to help with medical bills and compensate you for lost wages during your recovery. We are ready to help you secure the short-term benefits you may be owed, so contact us today.
- Long-term Disability Benefits – Following a severe accident or severe illness, you may find it impossible to return to work for a significant period, if ever. Our team is ready to help you potentially secure the long-term benefits that you need to recover and move on with your life.
Our team has years of experience helping people just like you apply for the benefits they need, and we want to put this knowledge to work helping you and your family.
Frequently Asked Questions
At John Michael Bailey Injury Lawyers, we have helped countless people just like you get the disability benefits they are owed. We realize that many people are unfamiliar with the process of obtaining benefits and the application process, so we are prepared to help answer any questions you may have. We have also provided the answers to a few frequently asked questions to help you better understand disability laws and how an attorney can help. If you have specific questions about your application or your case, contact us at (844) 275-8422 today.
Do I need an attorney to help me with my application?
While even the Social Security Administration states that applicants typically fare better when they have a professional assist them with their application, far too many people attempt to file on their own, only to realize that they need an attorney after they’ve been denied. The application can be confusing, and even slight errors or omissions could result in the wholesale denial of your claim. Once this happens, the process of proving disability becomes even more complicated, and it may take much longer to secure the payments you so desperately need. That’s why it is essential to contact an experienced SSD lawyer for help with your application to make sure it is done right the first time.
How can John Michael Bailey Injury Lawyers help me?
Our experienced Social Security Disability lawyers know how significant these benefits are to you and your family. That’s why we will work hard to help you fill out the application completely and accurately, will check the application for standard errors that result in denied claims, and will file the paperwork on your behalf. Also, we will do all of the necessary research and can prepare for any hearings required to make sure your case is strong when it needs to be presented.
What is the “JMB Guarantee”?
At John Michael Bailey Injury Lawyers, we provide all of our clients the JMB Guarantee. This means that we will always have a licensed attorney negotiating your claim, and your case will not be handed to a “case manager.” It also means that we are not afraid to fight on your behalf to ensure that you get the disability benefits that you deserve, and we will not settle for less than you are rightfully owed.
According to the U.S. Census report released in July of 2012, nearly one in five people in the United States are living with a disability. This means that 19 percent of the population studied in 2010, or 56.7 million people, were living with a disability, and nearly 25 million of those people said that the disability was “severe.” According to the report, only 41% of disabled individuals ages 21 to 64 were employed, and many experienced persistent poverty as a result.
In Memphis, specifically, U.S. Census figures from 2012-2016 show that 10.4% of residents were living with a disability. The individuals in the study were ages 64 and younger, according to the census report. Tennessee, as a state, showed a slightly higher percentage, with 11.2% residents living with a disability.
Consult with a Social Security Disability Attorney in Memphis
At John Michael Bailey Injury Lawyers, our Memphis SSD attorneys are committed to helping people in Memphis secure the peace of mind that comes with regular financial assistance from Social Security disability programs. We know how much these benefits mean to you and your family, so don’t hesitate to contact us today for help with your application, to appeal a denied claim, or for help with any other issues you may be experiencing. To discuss the particulars of your situation with one of our Memphis Social Security Disability lawyers, please call our Memphis offices at (844) 275-8422 today.